FABCO Machine Corporation is currently seeking qualified Fabricator for employment in Paragould AR.
This is a wonderful opportunity for those seeking long term, permanent employment!
FABCO recognizes and appreciate our team member’s hard work, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn and help grow the business and are proud to offer competitive salaries based on experience, a benefits package, and a performance based bonus system.
As a fabricator you will be responsible for fabricating, welding, cleaning and assembling of structural steel & steel parts for large industrial equipment. This includes aligning, fitting, measuring, laying out and inspecting parts, studying specifications, gathering materials and operating machinery. Heavy lifting is required, as well as experience working from technical drawings with little supervision. Other duties include:
- Actively demonstrates and promotes FABCO values, maintains FABCO quality, efficiency and productivity standards.
- Performs work safely in accordance with operational standards and processes. Follows all safety rules, uses required PPE, reports all accidents and near accidents to Supervisor immediately upon occurrence.
- Directs and assists in handling and spreading of material, assembling material into required relationships according to detail drawings; handling and placing detail material in assembly, placing bolts, drift pins and other fastening devices in proper location.
- Check parts for correct quantity, size and cuts. Check burnout plates for warpage, ensure they are dimensionally correct. All materials should be free of slag, burrs and heavy rust.
- Performs cleaning, inspection and preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure equipment is in good working order. Reports needed repairs or replacements to Supervisor or maintenance.
- Performs work to delivery dates, if given various different delivery dates by Supervisor.
- Knowledge of welding equipment, tools, repair and maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
- Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to Engineering and other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, metric to English conversions, and proportions to practical situations.
· Use hoisting and rigging equipment in accordance with OHSA standards.
- Ability to hustle, lift up to 50 lbs, and stand all day.
- Forklift operating experience a plus (must have valid drivers license to operate forklift).
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
- Ability to pass a background check
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Five years in a metal fabrication shop, preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Willing to train the right candidate